Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Addy's Purple flowered dress

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got bored again yesterday and drafted Addy up a new dress (it helps that I now have freezer paper to draft on!)

    addyflowerportrait
    Addy's Purple Flowered Dress.

    addypurpleflowerdress2
    While in Texas, I got a few cheap cuts of fabric (Waldemart's buck a yard stuff) and I wanted to try a dress with a smooth yoke and a gathered bodice. It's styled a little like her summer dress in the books, which I still plan to get. The print is just the right size for Addy. It looks so cute!

    purpleflowerbodice
    The front bodice. I cut it in about half, and added an inch to the bottom in width which was just enough, then gathered the bottom half into into the top. I just left the back alone, to make things easier. I drafted up a waistband to tuck the bodice in to get more poof but only in the front. It puffs out so neatly.

    purpleflowercollar
    The white collar. Originally, I did not put a collar onto the dress, I thought it would be fussy and so left it out. But the dress looked very unfinished and I finally broke down and added on. I drafted and sewed up a collar and sewed it in by hand--which is what they would have done in the past anyways, so it adds a bit of authenticity. I want to look for a tiny heart charm or something to make into a brooch for right under the collar.

    purpleflowersleeve
    The sleeve. Simple and straight to her wrist, with a basic hem in.

    Next weekend Handcock's is having a buck a pattern sale, and I'm going to look for some stuff to get to draft up Naomi some more clothes (I have no jeans patterns for her!). Don't worry, she's not being neglected. I will also probably try to make her up a kimono later out of my blue silky stuff, and then I'll take pics of both girls in their Japanese outfits.

    --Kitti

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 18, 2006 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Nethilia ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    you did a great job, Addy's new dress looks lovely on her...you are so talented

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am so jealous of your talent. Imagine thinking of something like that and then just making it. You have a rare gift and your Addy is beautiful in her new dress! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    That dress is adorable! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love it! You always make the prettiest clothes. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Beautiful dress! You are very talented.

  7. #7
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Very pretty, fresh and spring-like!....in short LOVELY!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 18, 2006 06:10 PM: Message edited by: prasnlrd ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love that dress on Addy- she looks so sweet in it! I wish I could think of clothes and make them- I have enough trouble when I have a pattern! LOL

  9. #9
    13Pumpkins
    Guest 13Pumpkins's Avatar

    Post

    In my humble opinion, I think it is much prettier than Addy's actual Summer dress, which I think is one of the ugliest that AG/PC has. Also, I just [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] purple.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Nethilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2006
    Posts
    266
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin*:
    In my humble opinion, I think it is much prettier than Addy's actual Summer dress, which I think is one of the ugliest that AG/PC has. Also, I just [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] purple.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why, thank you.

    Addy's Summer dress isn't one of my favorite, and I'll probably end up getting it later than any of her other dresses. I really want to get her school outfit--zouave suits are so pretty!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •